Covid-19 Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Penang holidays - Eclectic, outdoorsy and cultural
Penang’s mix of ethnicities, cultures and heritages make this state incredibly diverse and exciting. The capital of George Town is a beautiful metropolis of culture, whilst the state is also home to stunning, luscious forests and thrilling outdoor recreation.
Discover a location with a mix of cultures
Just off the northwest coast of Malaysia, the island of Penang could be considered the country’s melting pot – in more than one sense of the word. The mixture of heritages and ethnicities has blended together to create a hybrid culture, and it has brought with it a wealth of amazing food that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
Charming beaches and the UNESCO listed buildings of the capital, George Town, are another great draw for Penang. There are hotels and resorts for every budget and activities to suit every taste, from jungle trekking to golf.
Why visit Penang?
- The food here is truly exceptional – even by the extremely high standards of Malaysia. You’ll find cheap eats on the street with fine restaurants just minutes away. The blend of Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine creates something very special
- A surprisingly good range of shopping malls offering everything from upmarket brands, famous high streets and unique Malaysian boutiques
- There are a number of great temples and heritage sites to visit – one of the most picturesque is the Kek Lok Si Temple
- Visit one of the many great museums. The Toy Museum is one of the most unusual, with a collection of more than 100,000 toys and dolls
- If you’re in the country at the right time, it’s a great experience to see any of the festivals