Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Cancun holidays - Sun-kissed days, vibrant nights
Arguably Mexico's ultimate holiday destination, Cancun offers superb white sand beaches, five star all-inclusive resorts and some of the best nightlife in the world. Whilst the hotel zone is fabulous and glitzy, Cancun also offers unspoilt beaches and local foodie hotspots close by to the local neighbourhood, giving a touch of authenticity to your luxury stay.
Discover the lively and enticing coastal city of Cancun
Sitting on the most easterly tip of Mexico, Cancun has grown remarkably over the last 40 years from a tiny settlement to a thriving city. It is divided into two main sections – the city itself and a long stretch of land connected by bridge to mainland, known as Cancun Island or the ‘hotel zone’. Cancun Island is where the hotels are based, although we also offer a number of hotels further along the coast, south of the airport.
Cancun is blessed with premium coastline, plentiful nightlife and unbelievable value for money – it’s a real party town where you can have a lot of fun. And while it’s styled as The Mexican Caribbean, it’s worth remembering that it is very different from the rest of the Caribbean. You’ll find the beaches are just as beautiful and the sunshine just as bright, but you should also expect a distinctively Latin flavour to the food and the nightlife.
While Cancun comes from Mayan beginnings (and no-one is exactly sure what ‘Cancun’ means) the recent development of the city has seen the population grow through people from other parts of Mexico heading here for the prosperity. The result is a mixture of Mexican traditions and customs, but a culture based around providing excellent service to tourists.
Why visit Cancun?
- Cancun offers a very high standard of resort and exceptional levels of service at excellent value for money
- Amazing range of restaurants and bars – truly the ultimate Caribbean destination with regards to nightlife and partying
- Cancun is vastly different to anywhere else in the region; don’t worry that you’ll get a sense of déjà vu if you’ve been to somewhere else in the Caribbean before
- The regular flights means that it’s perfect to twin with Miami or Las Vegas as part of an amazing multi-centre holiday
- Easy travelling distance from Mayan ruins, UNESCO World Heritage sites and historical temples