Current Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Pangkor holidays - unspoilt and off the beaten track
A beautiful island near the centre of Peninsula Malaysia, this secluded oasis is perfect if you want to see an uncrowded part of Malaysia and soak up the sun.
A quiet oasis perfect for reflection
The serene island of Pangkor sits just off the west coast near the centre of Peninsular Malaysia.
While it has all the hallmarks of an amazing destination for tourists – sandy beaches, charming villages, friendly locals and great food – Pangkor is still relatively undeveloped and free from holidaymakers.
Aside from being one of Malaysia’s nicest beach destinations, Pangkor boasts a range of activities to ensure there’s something for everyone. Jungle treks and bicycle tours are perfect if you’re looking to get out and see the natural wonders.
Alternatively, the cultural attractions can be found on a motorbike tour, taking in the sights and meeting the locals.
Why visit Pangkor?
- There are a couple of nice beaches found on the west coast; the water is clean and the sand is soft – it’s a great place to relax
- Part of Pangkor’s charm is the opportunity for you to visit a traditional fishing village
- Visit the island of Palau Jarak, a great spot for scuba diving
- There are the ruins of a Dutch fort that makes for a nice sightseeing trip
- Get away from it all and trek into the jungle