Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Singapore holidays - Asia's ultimate metropolis
Showcasing prototypical modern Asia, Singapore seamlessly blends East with West, tradition with innovation and old with new. There's everything here from incredible shopping promenades and high-end restaurants to cheap-and-cheerful markets and a lively nightlife, and there's one thing for sure - this modern metropolis will keep you in awe.
Fusing modernity with sustainability and style
Sitting at the very bottom of Malaysia, Singapore is a modern super-city blending influences from Chinese, Indian, Malay and Western culture to create something truly special. It’s a city with everything, from fascinating cultural museums, to restaurants serving up every kind of food, to extravagant shopping plazas selling discount electronics.
It is one of the easiest cities in Asia to traverse, as well as one of the safest. Once a swampy colonial outpost, it has grown into a modern industrial nation with great influence on the world stage. There are many opportunities to enjoy shopping in Singapore’s fabulous high-end fashion shops on Orchard Road or even some bargain shopping in at some of the many art, fashion and antique shops around the city. You may also find yourself dancing until dawn in one of many pubs and clubs or sipping cocktails surrounded by elegant colonial buildings.
The majority of people living in Singapore are actually ethnic Chinese, although there are also large minorities of Malay and Indians. This heady mix of cultures ensures a highly unique experience and a wonderful example of Asia at its very best.
Why visit Singapore?
- You can get great food at reasonable prices at the Hawker centres; these are effectively large like a food court consisting entirely of street food stalls
- There is a fascinating mixture of cultural influences from across Asia
- This is one of the world’s ultimate shopping destinations – visit Haji Lane for tiny fashion boutiques or Orchard Road
- For a city so associated with business men in suits, there’s a surprisingly energetic nightlife
- Visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens to see impressive natural beauty in a city setting