9am-7pm Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm Sat-Sun
Exclusive complimentary room upgrade at Casa De Campo
Book your stay in a Superior Room and receive a complimentary upgrade to an Elite Patio room
Dominican Republic holidays - Diverse landscapes, rich history and a warm welcome
Gorgeous beaches, rugged mountains, mangrove swamps and tropical rainforests sit harmoniously alongside a patchwork of historical sites, pretty fishing villages and Santo Domingo, the Caribbean’s largest city. This is a country that is undoubtedly well-equipped for travellers looking for a lavish and relaxing holiday, giving people a chance to enjoy the country’s Hispanic-influenced carnival culture and explore the verdant interior.
The Dominican Republic is one of our beautiful wedding destinations. Click here for more details.
Enjoy sun-dappled beaches and mountain views
The Dominican Republic is a unique Caribbean destination combining the traditional attributes of beautiful beaches and year-round sunshine with a less traditional mountain backdrop.
It’s located in between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, west of Puerto Rico, east of Cuba and south of Turks and Caicos. You’ll find beaches of sugary white sand and lovely clear water here – it’s a picture perfect representation of Caribbean beauty and the Punta Cana region is especially famous for its sandy shores.
But the Dominican Republic doesn’t limit you to the sunbathe-swim-sleep-repeat routine (unless you want it to). If you want to get active you can enjoy scenic hiking trails into the verdant mountains or explore the patchwork of little Latino-influenced towns.
The people of the Dominican Republic descend from a mixture of European and African heritage. Of course Hispanic culture dominates the island, but there is also influence from French, Italian and African traditions. It’s also a deeply religious nation with the majority of the citizens being practising Roman Catholics.
Why visit Dominican Republic?
- The beaches are fantastic especially around Bavaro and Punta Cana
- Virtually year-round sunshine means that the Dominican Republic is fantastic to visit any time that you fancy a holiday
- There’s a lively Hispanic culture that you don’t find in many areas of the Caribbean – it makes a difference from the laid-back attitude of much of the region
- The range of incredible all-inclusive resorts ensures you’ll have the holiday experience that you want
- Santo Domingo is a great choice as a daytrip – you’ll see a thriving Caribbean city with a friendly atmosphere and plenty of fascinating historical sites
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Luxury Caribbean holidays in other destinations including Barbados, Mexico, Jamaica, Antigua, St Lucia, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Grenadines, Cuba, Tobago, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Anguilla and St Kitts and Nevis.