Vietnam holidays - Cultural attractions and amazing natural sights
One of the world's most popular backpacking destinations, Vietnam actually offers even more than meets the eye. Explore bustling cities and cycle along sweeping rice paddies, taste some of the most flavoursome cuisine in the world, and meet the people who are still wonderfully resilient, optimistic and friendly despite Vietnam's turbulent past.
Discover the hidden charms of Vietnam
Discover beaches, cities, rice paddies and more
One of the Southeast Asia’s big names, Vietnam sits south of China and east of Laos and Cambodia, sharing a land border with all three. Vietnam is home to a number of fast-growing and busy cities which are an unforgettable travelling experience. But Vietnam holidays don’t have to mean navigating the bustling streets of Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City; if you would rather enjoy a relaxing holiday, there is a range of often-forgotten beach resorts and cultural destinations. The country has been blessed with soaring mountains, gorgeous national parks and an amazing coastline packed with stunning white sand beaches. Vietnam’s true prize is its people who are incredibly optimistic despite having endured a complicated history.
We offer some truly amazing tours through Vietnam. And with the opportunity to see multiple interesting cities and a wide range of historical sites, a tour might well be the best way to see the country. With marvellously varied food and the kind of landscape that you’ll never forget, Vietnam is truly a stunning place to visit and it will challenge every stereotype you’ve ever heard about the place.
Despite the enduring memories of the Vietnam War (known in Vietnam as the American War) the people are naturally friendly and fun-loving. Food is very important to the culture of Vietnam meaning that, perhaps unsurprisingly, it’s very good.
Why visit Vietnam?
- The countryside of Vietnam offers a truly beautiful landscape, completely unspoiled and utterly unique
- Vietnamese food is completely underrated – it’s flavoursome and often quite spicy, blending influences from all across Asia
- This is a unique and unusual cultural experience that really needs to be experienced to be believed
- The bustling Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is one of the growing powerhouses of Asia and is well worth a visit for its myriad shopping and dining opportunities
- There’s a fascinating history and culture that Vietnam is very proud – this is your chance to delve into it and find out why it’s one of the world’s fastest growing tourist destinations