Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Cambodia holidays - Mystical and fascinating
If jungle-entangled temples, floating villages and peaceful tropical beaches capture your imagination, travel in Cambodia will be a dream come true. This enchantingly exotic country is blessed with cultural curiosities and romantic landscapes aplenty, as well as a collection of great hotels to complete the perfect holiday.
Enticing iconic attractions and authentic culture
The jewel in Cambodia’s crown – Angkor Wat – is south-east Asia’s most iconic wonder. A magnet for travellers with an interest in Asian culture, this ancient marvel in Siem Reap is just one among countless mystical monuments to be explored in Cambodia.
Although its neighbours Vietnam and Thailand get more attention, Cambodia punches well above its weight in terms of traveller attractions. Ideal for culture lovers and adventure seekers, it has three monumental world heritage sites, whole swathes of the country’s rainforests and mountains are protected by national parks, and its coast is rimmed with beaches to rival the region’s best. And that’s not all, the cities of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh – both bursting with life, history and faded French colonial grandeur – reveal a country in the grip of a cultural revival, while in the countryside a timeless scene of green rice paddies, water buffalo, rustic villages and Buddhist rites prevails.
Why visit Cambodia?
- The breath-taking architecture is worth visiting for alone, including the renowned Angkor Wat temple complex.
- The landscape is ideal for outdoor pursuits, such as jungle treks, hiking through the mountains and swimming at the beaches.
- If you like trying new foods, the varied menus in Cambodia are sure to delight your taste buds – make sure you try some of the local dishes for a true taste of the region.
- The beaches here are magnificent and great if you want to unwind and relax – watch the sunset from a true tropical paradise.
- Visit some of the traditional temples for the opportunity to soak up the authentic culture.