9am-7pm Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm Sat-Sun
This is the epitome of the Caribbean for many, characterised by powdery white sands, glistening sunshine and beautifully clear ocean. Defining one of our favourite tropical holiday destinations is the friendly locals, divine Caribbean cuisine and the most vibrant dance and calypso heritage around. The Bahamas is an enticing archipelago, perfect for family holidays.
The Bahamas is also one of our stunning wedding destinations. Click here for more details.
Enjoy a laidback holiday in the Bahamas
The Caribbean’s most northern country, the Bahamas is an archipelago of somewhere in the region of two thousand islands (if you count the cays), and less than a 10-hour flight time from the United Kingdom.
There are two large settlements – Nassau, the capital, and Freeport on the northerly Grand Bahama island. This is where the action is – but getting away from the action is exactly what Bahamas holidays are all about. You’ll find a highly relaxed and friendly attitude in just about everyone here. It's an ethos honed on year after year of living in paradise.
Unsurprisingly, the islands of the Bahamas is a heaven-on-Earth for beach lovers and fans of watersports, with long stretches of pure white sand and clear blue sea that’s ideal for diving. There is a truly luxurious feel to everything here – whether it’s the moreish rum punch served in bars or the stylish resorts offering every comfort you can imagine. There's plenty more to see and do whilst on your holiday to the Bahamas too, including visiting the swimming pigs at Big Major Cay, taking a sea safari at Grand Bahama, and marvelling at the magnificent Northern Bahamian rock iguanas.
Primarily of West African descent, the people of the Bahamas are deeply religious and extremely friendly. The country runs to the rhythm of calypso; music and dance is deeply rooted in the cultural heritage. If you ever get the chance to visit around Boxing Day or New Year’s Day, you should visit the Junkanoo festival. It’s a high energy carnival featuring colourful outfits and traditional African rhythms - a great way to celebrate the public holidays.
Why visit the Bahamas?
- A brilliant destination for family holidays with safe beaches and numerous activities that your children will love. If you're looking for family fun, look no further than the Bahamas. The all-inclusive holidays are a wonderful choice too.
- Features the Outer Islands and New Providence & Paradise Island
- Ample opportunities for eco-adventures amongst the hundreds of little islands of the Bahamas
- Perfect for exploring – book a cruise away from the resort and experience the different flavours of the Bahamas, or look at car hire options and drive to more beautiful beaches
- Visit the huge waterpark Aquaventure at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island – this is one of largest water parks in the Caribbean and one of the most impressive in the world
- The perfect beach holiday! The Bahamas is truly famous for perfect white sand and warm, bright blue sea, which is something of a perfect combination
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Caribbean holidays in other destinations including Barbados, Mexico, Jamaica, Antigua, St Lucia, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Grenadines, Cuba, Tobago, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Anguilla and St Kitts and Nevis. Check out our Inspiration articles for more travel advice, or we have great holiday types to explore, including All-Inclusive and Family Holidays.