Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Qatar holidays - Modern, luxurious and awe-inspiring
Hurtling to modernity, Qatar is gaining a reputation for amazing luxury travel that will equal anywhere in the Middle East. The added advantage is that Qatar still feels relaxed and authentic - you can get a true taste of traditional life as well as experience incredible comfort.One of the lesser explored areas of the Arabian Peninsula, Qatar is soon to be on the wish list of every discerning traveller.
A little destination filled with excitement
A small Middle Eastern state, Qatar is beginning to punch well above its weight on the world stage.
Set to the west of the United Arab Emirates, Qatar resembles a sort of mini Dubai; the streets of Doha are lined with impressive skyscrapers and there are stretches of beautiful (but man-made) beach.
The capital city of Doha is the star attraction. It’s by far the largest in the country and is home to a huge range of attractions including the Doha Zoo, the Al Koot Fort and the Museum of Islamic Arts.
But if you’re more a thrill-seeker than a culture-lover you can sign up for desert safari tours that include dune bashing and sand skiing.
Qatar is now a country built on a huge diversity of cultures and backgrounds. This has created an unusual culture that is part classic Arabian, part unlike anything you’ll see anywhere else in the world.
Why visit Qatar?
- Qatar now has a fantastic range of decadent hotels offering impressive luxury accommodations close to the beach
- Doha has a surprising array of attractions including the Museum of Islamic Art
- A wide range of events to visit – the World Cup might not be here until 2022, but Qatar currently runs top tennis competitions and the Qatar Masters Golf Tournament
- The beaches are wonderful, even if many of them are artificial
- A chance to experience a super-modern Arabian city set against the backdrop of super-ancient Arabian desert