The Royal Cancun
Call us for prices & availability
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
The Royal Cancun (formerly Club Internacional de Cancun and now owned by Royal Resorts) is the perfect spot for a family holiday. Palms and thatched palapas offer plenty of shade on the beach; the water is shallow and the surf gentle. Two freeform swimming pools with bridges, palm-covered islands, and a swim-up bar are set in the extensive gardens. Tennis courts, sailboats and an activities programme keep adults and children entertained and there’s even a rose garden for a quiet moment of reflection.
There are 201 villas at The Royal Cancun (formerly Club Internacional de Cancun) and all are fully furnished and thoughtfully appointed with your comfort in mind. Each villa has its own private terrace and most offer magnificent views of golden sunsets across the mangrove forests and the Nichupte lagoon, the pools and gardens, or the bay looking east towards Isla Mujeres.
The kitchen has a US-style fridge, a stove, dishwasher and everything you need to prepare and serve a light snack or a full meal. The spacious living and dining room has comfortable sofas, TV with English and Spanish channels, a DVD player and a sound system. TVs and telephones are also installed in the bedrooms.
- Tennis courts with lights for evening play
- Beauty Salon
- Golf programme with discounted rates at several local courses
- Sports deck offering tennis gear, snorkelling equipment, bikes, volleyballs, golf clubs, sailboats, beach towels and board games
- A full range of adult and children’s activities
- The Royal Market convenience store
- Beach, terrace and villa massage service
- Children’s Playground
- Cribs and baby-sitting service upon request
- 2 Large Swimming Pools
- Children’s Pool
- La Palapa Restaurant - Nestled between the main pool and the beach, La Palapa offers breathtaking views of the bay and Isla Mujeres, tropical decor and a menu of fresh seafood, Mexican and International favorites.
- The Thatched Eatery - A longtime favorite with resort guests who love the laid-back ambiance, the home-style recipes and the friendly waiters, many of whom have been working at The Royal Cancun for years.
Diners can choose from the a la carte menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner or try one of the theme buffets offered during the week. Options include Taco & Fajita Night and a Caribbean Cookout with live music or lobster cooked to perfection on an open grill, for a romantic candlelit dinner on the beach.
When dining, closed in shoes must be worn, bathing suits must be covered and men must not wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts. After 6.30pm men have to wear long trousers and women have to wear dresses, slacks or culottes (no shorts or short outfits).
Please note this is a totally cashless resort
Upon check-in a holding deposit will be requested to enable guests to sign for everything they consume – pool bar, on site dining, grocery store – none of these accept cash and all items are charged via the guest room key only. This also covers any charges incurred at any of the sister Royal Resorts in Cancun so covering a wide choice of dining options.