Hog Hollow Country Lodge
Bed & Breakfast from €73 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Friendly and charming, Hog Hollow Country Lodge is only 18km from Plettenberg Bay, located on the edge of a stunning forest with amazing views of the Tsitsikama mountains. This is your chance to really experience the rugged side to South Africa, as well as its natural beauty. There is so much to do - such as horse riding, bungy jumping and zip lining for the adrenaline seekers; gorgeous beaches in and around Plettenberg Bay or simply just relaxing by the pool and enjoying the view for the less active.
The accommodation plays up to its surroundings, giving you a comfortable stay to rest before exploring the landscape. From the handmade cookies at turndown to being devoid of TVs, we love how tranquil and inviting this lodge is. There’s an outdoor pool and plenty of family-friendly activities for the kids to enjoy.
The food is divine and so is, of course, the wine! Breakfast is served on the beautiful sunny terrace over looking the Tsitsikamma mountains. Dinner (payable locally) is a real gourmet affair. Starting with canopes outside on the terrace next to the roaring fire. You can opt to go for communal dining or have a quiet table just for you. Families are seated in a dining area with its very own playroom which is great for the kids to enjoy.
Top tip: Home to the highest bungy location in the world, as well as offering treetop canopy tours, there’s plenty to experience if you’re seeking an adrenalin rush.
The lodge offers 16 suites situated in the gardens; there is also a villa
Each room offers:
- King-size bed
- Balcony or terrace
- Coffee/Tea making facilities
- Wi-Fi access
- Suites – Spacious suites with a private deck and garden views
- Villa – Three-bedroom house with an infinity pool and views of the mountains
- Horse riding
- Take a boat trip along the Keurbooms River
- Go shopping and enjoy the beaches of Plettenberg Bay
- Visit the sights in Knysna
- Visit Storms River and try the Tsitsikama National Park
- Go zip lining with Tsitsikama Canopy Tours
- Visit the Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary
- Special turndown with milk and gingerbread men
- Family-friendly activities
- Stories and games
- Babysitting service available
Hog Hollow Restaurant – Varied menu complemented by local wines