South Africa holidays - A diverse and stunning location
South Africa holidays positively overwhelm the senses – a breathtaking destination with a range of experiences to choose between. Few places are quite as diverse as South Africa - you'll struggle to find somewhere that offers penguins in the Cape, exotic safaris in National Parks, decadent wine in sweeping vineyards and whale watching on the coast.
Discover every side to South Africa
The epitome of diversity, holidays in South Africa take you on an exciting journey through its many guises. If you think you know this amazing destination, think again. Home to Cape-bound penguins and gurgling hippo pools to vast plains roamed by lions and cosmopolitan cities, this is a country to be explored – you won’t be disappointed.
No matter where you journey to here, there’s a treasure to be found. The picturesque seaside city of Durban offers up buttery coastlines and classic Art Deco buildings. Cape Town remains a contemporary haven of galleries, gourmet cuisine and style, and the world-renowned Garden Route provides swathes of luscious vegetation and charming coastal bays.
There’s a raw beauty to South Africa that contrasts to the elegant cityscapes. KwaZulu-Natal, with its semi-desert and subtropical climate, is wholly African in both scenery and culture. This lesser explored area is compact but spectacular – a must-see. Go whale watching in Hermanus for an unforgettable experience. And the Drakensberg region, with its waterfalls and ancient cave art, is like take a step back in time to South Africa’s former self. This isn’t a country that you’ll forget in a hurry. The further you delve, the more wonders you discover.
If you fancy a more serene, quiet holiday to Africa, the province of Eastern Cape has all you need. Picturesque, relaxed and rugged, this spot is a lot less touristy than other regions, with quaint towns and pretty coastlines. Johannesburg is a bright, busy, bustling city with plenty to see and do. Though very modern, with gourmet restaurants, vibrant nightlife and fun casinos, for every designer shop, there’s a traditional African market.
Western Cape is an extremely popular province in Africa, and for good reason. Home to the beautiful Cape Town, the soaring Table Mountain, and fascinating Robben Island, there’s plenty of exciting things to see here, as well as a spot of whale watching, surfing or caving.
Why visit South Africa?
- South Africa is famous for its wine, the result of the many sun-kissed vineyards that line the winelands region. Wine tasting trips here are unlike any other.
- Safari holidays don’t have to be forgotten, with the famous Kruger National Park home to numerous species of wildlife, birds and much more. For more information on South African safaris, visit Africa Sky where you will discover recommended private game reserves to experience and luxurious lodge accommodation.
- A gateway to a number of neighbouring countries, this is a superb destination for multi-centre holidays where you can combine a longer stay with a few other locations.
- If you want to combine a city trip with a beach escape, the coastline fringing Cape Town is truly stunning.
- The landscape in South Africa is a dream for those seeking active pursuits. Go diving in the warm waters, hiking through the mountain ranges or taking guided walks through the national parks.