The Steenberg Hotel
5 Nights Bed & Breakfast from €1,269 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Established in 1682, The Steenberg Hotel enjoys a rich heritage and a great location just outside of Cape Town. This boutique property is set to a scenic backdrop of the Steenberg Mountains in the picturesque Constantia Valley with breath-taking rural vistas. The Estate on which the hotel stands also benefits from its own vineyard with a reputation for producing excellent Cape Wines, so a spot of wine tasting is a must!
The hotel has retained its historic features while still accommodating modern touches, such as the beautiful pool and spa. The rooms and suites have character and an elegant style, providing a comfortable respite at the end of the day. This property also plays host to two restaurants, serving up bistro-style dishes and South African wines and the attention to detail, such as fresh coffee and pastries with your wake-up call make this a really special retreat. Just 20 minutes from the city centre, you’ll be within easy reach of the Waterfront, Table Mountain and many more of Cape Town’s sights and the hotel also provides a chauffeur service to the restaurants and shops in the vicinity.
The Steenberg Hotel is set in the Constantia Valley, just 20 mins from Cape Town city centre. Surrounded by the Steenberg Mountains, the property enjoys a peaceful and scenic setting that is close enough to Cape Town’s sights if you want to explore but located far enough out to enjoy the tranquillity of this area.
- The hotel is 30 minutes from Cape Town International Airport
- There is a daily scheduled shuttle service to the V&A Waterfront
The hotel features 21 rooms and suites in total.
Each room is individually furnished and includes:
- Air conditioning
- En-suite bathroom with bathrobes
- Satellite TV
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Digital safe
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Standard Luxury Rooms – Comfortable rooms with elegant décor and the above amenities
- Superior Rooms – Larger than the Standard Rooms with a minibar and views of the surroundings
- Family Rooms – Features a patio, lounge area, minibar and either one bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room or a two-bedroom layout
- Premier Rooms – Large and contemporary rooms with a private patio, views of the vineyards or golf course, minibar and iPod docking station
- Premier Suite – Modern rooms with a four-posted bed, private lounge area, patio overlooking the mountains and golf course, minibar and iPod docking station
- Manor Suite – Elegant suite with high beamed ceilings and 17th century features, along with a four-poster bed, separate lounge and patio overlooking the landscape
- Dutch East India Heritage Suite – Historic period suite with traditional décor, galley kitchen, patio and pool (shared with the Cape Colonial suite), dining room and lounge, fireplace and stereo system
- Cape Colonial Heritage Suite – Grand suite with an open-plan kitchen, dining area and lounge, fireplace, expansive bathroom with dressing table and freestanding Victorian bath, private terrace with pool loungers, and views of the lawns and vineyards
- Khoi Khoi Heritage Suite – Inspired by the indigenous culture of the Khoi people, including a spacious lounge with designer furniture and art, large kitchen and open-plan dining room, private pool with surrounding terrace, and views of the native trees and vineyards
- Bistro Sixteen82 – Tapas and bistro-style restaurant with a menu of contemporary dishes crafted with seasonal ingredients; open 9am-11am, 12pm-4pm and 4.30pm-8.30pm
- Catharina’s – Modern comfort foods paired with carefully selected South African wines; open 7am-10am and 12pm-11pm
- Steenberg Spa
- Steenberg Vineyards – with regular wine tours and tastings available
- 18-hole Steenberg Golf Course
Kindly note that Steenberg Hotel will be closed 01 May- 01 September 2019 in order to complete renovations of the hotel.
Premier rooms, Dutch East India, Cape Colonial and Khoi Khoi Suites will all receive a makeover.
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|5 Nights||7 Nights|
|02 Sep - 30 Sep 19||€1269||€1469|
|01 Oct - 13 Dec 19||€1549||€1849|
|14 Dec - 31 Dec 19||€2399||€2739|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 17 Jun 2019. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available - call for quote.
|Flight Upgrades from|
|Business Class (one way)||€1209|
Emirates flights are available from Dublin. Air fares vary considerably so a variety of airlines may be included in your quote to ensure you are presented with the best available price. If you would prefer to fly from a different airport or with a different airline, our Travel Consultants will be happy to adjust this at the time of enquiry and a supplement may apply. Alternative airlines with flights to Cape Town include British Airways and KLM.
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Bed & Breakfast||Standard Luxury Room|