Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Full Board from €229 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Set amongst 25,000 hectares of stunning African landscape, the Shamwari Private Game Reserve is brimming with captivating wildlife and sensational vistas. This is a really memorable experience, from unbelievable levels of luxury and style in the lodges to the wonderful array of native fauna surrounding this reserve.
We think you’ll really love the lodges, each with its own unique charm and style. The spa treatments up the ante on the luxury factor, serving as a great way to wind down after an exhilarating game drive or nature walk. There’s a varied and fun-filled kids activity programme for younger guests, as well as a host of fascinating activities that really make the most of the surroundings, from bird watching to animal sanctuaries.
Top tip: While Riverdene is a better option for families, Eagle Crag is a secluded and sophisticated lodge that’s ideal for couples.
To combine Shamwari with a stay in Cape Town, the Garden Route or even the Kruger National Park, please call our African specialists who will be happy to put together a tailor-made South African holiday for you.
The reserve consists of 59 rooms, suites and tents across the reserve, each offering luxurious accommodation and facilities.
Each suite is air conditioned and offers:
- En-suite bathroom
- In and outdoor shower facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Electronic safe
- Bird spotting scope
- Eagles Crag Lodge – Secluded lodge nestled between mountain cliffs, featuring gift boutique, relaxation retreat, bar and cigar lounge, library and terrace.
- Villa Lobengula – Tranquil lodge featuring meditation deck, fitness room, library, gift boutique and yoga studio
- Long Lee Manor – Edwardian Manor with colonial-style décor, featuring two swimming pools, relaxation retreat, fitness centre, gift boutique and wine cellar
- Bayethe Lodge – Nature-inspired lodge featuring a bush relaxation retreat, lounge area with TV, in and outdoor dining facilities, gift boutique and outdoor deck with swimming pool
- Riverdene Lodge – Family-friendly lodge with a rim-flow swimming pool and child-friendly section, kids play room and jungle gym, bar and lounge, gift boutique, and in and outdoor dining facilities
- Sarili Lodge – Contemporary space with a deck overlooking the Bushmans River, heated swimming pool with a section for children, lounge with fireplace and TV, and in and outdoor dining facilities
- Spa treatments
- Game drives
- Nature walks
- Bird watching
- Born Free Big Cat sanctuary
- Ian Player Rhino Awareness Centre
- Swimming pools at Riverdene, Sarili and Lobengula lodges
- Long Lee Manor offers two swimming pools
- Eagles Crag and Bayethe have private outdoor plunge pools
The lodge is fantastic for families, with a brilliant selection of amenities and activities for children to enjoy. The staff here will chat to you upon arrival to discuss the various options taking into account your family size, kids’ ages and the weather.
- Every child will receive an age-appropriate gift pack
- Visits to the Born Free Foundation Big Cat Rescue Centre and the Shamwari Animal Rehabilitation Centre*
- Kids activities at Riverdene Lodge include sports and outdoor games, arts and crafts, cultural activities, documentary DVDs, books, board games and puzzles, and scrap books
- Child-friendly meals available
- Child-minding facilities are also available at additional cost for children under 4yrs, who will be unable to go on game drives
*Children must be accompanied by a parent
All lodges feature an in-house restaurant and bar