Tanzania holidays - Captivating and exotic
One of Africa’s most captivating countries, holidays to Tanzania are exotic and rugged, with amazing weather, shimmering beaches and a host of geographical extremes to top it all off. The landmarks don’t fall short either, with Mt Kilimanjaro, Lake Victoria, the Serengeti and numerous national parks to be found here. This is a truly beautiful destination, with a wealth of opportunities to explore, whether it’s sightseeing you’re after or the cultural side to Africa.
Experience unforgettable Tanzania for a wildlife holiday out of the ordinary
Discover Tanzania's iconic attractions
Home to some of Africa’s most favourite names, such as Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti, you’d be forgiven in thinking that you knew all that Tanzania had to offer. While the above list is accurate, it’s by no means exhaustive – there’s plenty more to be found here. Idyllic and authentic, as with much of Africa, there are pockets of truly spectacular sights to be found, and you don’t need to look far to find them.
Begin just off the coast, with the glorious archipelago of Zanzibar. This shining example of Africa’s ability to do beach destinations perfectly plays host to coral reefs, unspoiled beaches and a laid-back atmosphere. Moving inland, you’ll find a number of wish list-worthy locations for exciting Tanzania holidays.
This very well-known and popular mountain entices people to climb its path and reach its summit every year, but it may surprise you just how diverse the landscapes surrounding the mountain can be. There are numerous national parks and game reserves in Tanzania, each with their own concentration of wildlife to explore. Some of the more famous names, including Selous and Lake Manyara, find their way onto this list. So, naturally, safari trips are fantastic here. Likewise, the ‘eighth wonder of the world’, the awe-inspiring Ngorongoro Crater, has its own mini ecosystem where many species thrive.
Why visit Tanzania?
- Tanzania safaris are amazing, with a number of native species to be found in the expansive parks. Visit Africa Sky for more information on safaris in Tanzania and you will discover recommended game reserves and parks along with luxurious lodge holiday accommodation.
- The Serengeti, a name synonymous with Africa, is found here and is the largest national park in the country.
- Beach escapes off the coast are a must, so head to Zanzibar for well-deserved rest and relaxation.
- Tanzania offers up a number of natural landmarks, but none more impressive than the Ngorongoro Crater.
- The exotic climate and wild landscape makes this well worth exploring, so it’s perfect for holidays that really give you a taste of the true Africa.