7 Nights from €1,749 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Nestled in the north of unspoiled Lamu, Manda Bay offers not only barefoot luxury and a tranquil ambience, but delicious, fresh cuisine and exciting water sports too.
The 10 individual cottages offer a remote and secluded spot, all built with local materials and creating a beach-side feel with their palm thatched roofs. The Beachfront Rooms are the most luxurious, perched only a few steps away from the sandy beach, whilst the spacious Garden Rooms are perfect for large families.
Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, enjoy some high-octane water sports or get out and see the wonderful natural attractions of Lamu, you’re in the perfect place to do it. Foodies will love this hotel too, serving up freshly caught seafood on the hotel’s sailing boat in the day, and under the stars in the evening. At the end of the day, wander up to the top of the sand dunes and enjoy a lovely sundowner and opportunity to stargaze.
The boutique lodge is located in the north of Lamu. You will need to land on the Lamu air strip, where Manda Bay will pick you up and transfer you to the hotel by boat. The boat transfer takes approximately 20 minutes.
The hotel is nestled in a secluded location, but you’ll only be a 30 minute boat ride to the main town of Lamu.
On your return trip, you will need to overnight in Nairobi.
There are 10 cottages, all featuring:
- Ensuite bathroom
- Ceiling fan
- Mosquito nets
- Beachfront Rooms – Charming individual cottages perched right on the seafront.
- Sea View Rooms – Rustic individual cottages located just behind the Beachfront Rooms
- Garden Rooms – Nestled in the pretty gardens, these cottages are the most affordable, and are great for families.
- There is a lounge and bar area located on the waterfront
- Meals here are informal and relaxed. A buffet full of fresh fruits and breads is on offer for breakfast, and light lunches can be enjoyed by the pool or on Utamaduni – the hotel’s sailing boat. Dinnertime is a three course meal, served either in the main dining room or under the stars. The dishes are inspired by Swahili and European cuisine, and fresh seafood is delivered to the door by local fishermen.
- The hotel is located right by a sandy beach, offering fantastic water sport opportunities
- Infinity pool overlooking the beach
- Water sports, including wakeboarding, kitesurfing, water skiing
- Deep sea game fishing and fly fishing
- Bird watching
- Bush walk or drive in the 200 acres of natural woodland situated behind the resort
- Reading room
- The Garden Rooms are best for families
- Children’s menus are available on request
- There are plenty of child-friendly water sports on offer
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|24 Mar - 30 Jun 19||€1749|
|01 Jul - 18 Aug 19||€2099|
|19 Aug - 30 Nov 19||€1799|
|01 Dec - 02 Jan 20||€2239|
|03 Jan - 28 Feb 20||€2349|
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|29 Feb - 30 Jun 20||€1929|
|01 Jul - 17 Aug 20||€2329|
|18 Aug - 29 Nov 20||€1979|
|30 Nov - 01 Jan 21||€2459|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 23 Mar 2019. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available - call for quote. Daily departures .
Flights are available from Dublin with KLM via Amsterdam and operated by KLM and partners. Air fares vary considerably so a variety of airlines may be included in your quote to ensure you are presented with the best available price. If you would prefer to fly from a different airport or with a different airline, our Travel Consultants will be happy to adjust this at the time of enquiry and a supplement may apply. Alternative airlines with flights to Nairobi include British Airways and Emirates.
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Shared Minibus or Coach|