Follow the Douro River through Portugal and into Spain, cruising past steeply terraced hillsides, quaint villages and acres of ripe vineyards. Enjoy private tastings of Port. Explore Porto’s historic Ribeira district, home to iconic rabelo boats, cutting-edge cuisine and a thriving art scene. Wind your way through the dramatic landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, heading ashore to visit charming quintas and meet the winemakers who operate them. In Salamanca, Spain, you’ll see the city’s famous university. Return to Portugal with a visit to the fortified village of Castelo Rodrigo and historic Guimaraes.
Your cruise will be on board the SS Sao Gabriel the newest ship on the Douro River, where you can relax in your luxurious river view stateroom and enjoy all your meals plus unlimited drinks including special Welcome and Farewell Dinners with Captains Reception. The ship sleeps a maximum of 100 guests, with a crew of 37.
This cruise runs Sunday to Sunday from April through to November (Uniworld)
- All excursions are included on this river cruise and they have been curated so that you enjoy truly special experiences, such as…
- Tour the beautiful historic city of Porto with its hillside churches and winding lanes
- Explore the Archaelogical Park of the Coa Valley with its astonishing collection of prehistoric carvings
- Take a tour through the beautiful hills to Qunita do Seixo a prestigious Port wine estate and taste some exceptional port whilst enjoying the spectacular views of the Douro Valley
- Visit the “Golden City” of Salamanca, filled with historic churches and sand coloured buildings
- All meals onboard are included during this 7-night cruise, including special Gala Dinner. Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- CAR licensed & bonded
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- Low deposits