Top 10 Family Attractions in the Caribbean
With beautiful beaches, incredible weather and loads of fun activities, the Caribbean is a great choice for a family holiday. If you’re stuck for things to do during your stay, check out our list of top 10 family attractions in the Caribbean.
10. Chocolate factory in Grenada
Be Willy Wonka for the day with a visit to the Grenada Chocolate Company. A multilingual guide will take you on a tour of the factory to see how chocolate is made. Don’t forget to stop off at the gift shop to snap up a few chocolate bars to take home.
9. Salsa classes in Antigua
Get everyone dancing together with family salsa classes. A qualified dance instructor will take you through the steps and have you all dancing like professionals in no time.
8. Wildlife reserve in Barbados
Stroll through the reserve’s mahogany woodland and see many fascinating creatures — including green monkeys, flamingos, armadillos and caimans — which wander freely throughout the park.
7. DFH kayaking in St Lucia
Explore St Lucia on a coastal or river kayaking excursion. Your guide will take you to breathtakingly beautiful places most tourists don’t get to see and there will also be plenty of opportunities for snorkelling, shopping and lunch.
6. Kid’s summer safari in St Lucia
Relax and enjoy your holiday whilst the kids have the time of their lives hiking in the rainforest, bird-watching, canoeing and learning photography skills at this summer camp.
5. Caribbean International Riding Centre in Barbados
Experience the magic of horse riding along a beautiful golden beach. Whether you’re a professional or amateur, the trainers will find the perfect horse to suit you.
4. Eco tour in Antigua
Climb on-board a catamaran and head to the barrier reef where you can snorkel and see a huge array of colourful exotic fish. Stop for a light lunch before continuing on to a stunning beach where you can take a dip in the glistening azure ocean.
3. Hummer jungle tour in Mexico
Explore some of Mexico’s most fascinating sites on this full day tour. You’ll visit a Mayan ruin site, drive along some stunning beaches and pound the jungle trails. You’ll also have the opportunity to enjoy a Mayan lunch, cliff dive and snorkel on this family-friendly excursion.
2. Xplor in Mexico
Visit the Xplor adventure park where you can soar like a bird along a network for 11 zip lines, drive amphibious vehicles through underground caverns and sail on a raft through a stalactite wonderland.
1. Turtle watching in Tobago
Gather on the beach during a summer evening and witness the once-in-a-lifetime sight of female turtles digging nests and laying their eggs in the sand.
Further reading: Check out the top 10 family hotels in the Caribbean for fabulously fun-filled family holidays, all promising outstanding activities for kids and parents.
Article written by Nicole Quinn.
Caribbean Travel Guides
- Top 10 luxury hotels in the Caribbean
- Luxury Included® holidays at Sandals Resorts
- Top 10 family hotels in the Caribbean
- Sandals - 6 Caribbean islands, 15 resorts
- Celebrate your love, marry or honeymoon at Sandals Resorts for the ultimate in romance
- Sandals 5 Star Global Gourmet Dining™
- The benefits of Sandals’ Elite Butler Service®
- Top 10 Family Attractions in the Caribbean
- A true taste of the Caribbean
- Exquisite boutique hotels in the Caribbean
- Five of the best destinations to visit in June