Eating, Drinking and Nightlife
Vietnamese food is excellent. The national dish is pho (pronounced ‘far’), a delicious soup-like broth with chicken or beef and rice noodles. Try it in one of the smaller cafes where it is much more likely to be authentic and amazing. A surprising left-over for French colonial rule are baguettes, which can be found in big cities.
Drinking and Nightlife
Vietnam is also a huge exporter of coffee – and it’s surprisingly popular here.The big cities have a thriving nightlife with hundreds of bars and clubs. In the smaller towns and villages nightlife is often very subdued, although you’ll usually be able to find somewhere serving drinks into the early hours of the morning.
Vietnam Travel Guides
- A first-timer's guide to holidaying in Vietnam
- Top 10 things to do in Vietnam
- A True Taste of Vietnam
- Cruise the Mekong River in Vietnam
- Eating, Drinking and Nightlife
- Things To Do and Excursions
- Honeymooning in Vietnam, by Taggie Page
- A beginner's guide to Vietnam
- Top 10 things to do in Hanoi
- Top 10 things to do in Ho Chi Minh City